Thursday, January 26, 2012

Okay, so here's my first attempt at blogging.

Alison, as seen above, is a vivacious, almost 4 year old.  She loves to play with her cousins and friends.  She loves playing outside.  She loves Thomas the Train.  Ali has Type 1 Diabetes.

We are going on February 8 to have her try out her new pump for the first time.  How exciting!  Ali is so looking forward to putting needles in her past and being able to receive her Insulin through the pump.  Alison wanted a purple pump (her fave colour) but the model we had decided on doesn't come in that shade, so we got her a pink one with a purple cover.

We are all very excited (okay, the adults are really nervous) about this new chapter in our lives...but everything new is scary right?

3 comments:

  1. Dear Ali
    I wanted to be the 1 to post something and well i hope that a lot of people will see this and maybe your story will help someone at some point in time. just always remember that challenges are placed in front of us for a reason and when i am scared i always think of some one that loves me and it helps me get the courage to move on so with that always remember I love you Uncle Will

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am starting on the Omni-Pod on the 15th. I am 13 and type 1 for six months. I started a blog a few days ago. Here is the link http://www.typeoneteen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Sasha! Are you nervous/excited? I know that Alison is really excited to get started and stop getting injections.

    Your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete