Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pumpin' Aint Easy?


So we made it through the first pump start session.  Ali, as you can see (above) is all hooked up and pumping saline.  We are bolusing, but just for practice at this point.  My monkey is always such a trooper. 

Late last night I told her she was my hero.  When she asked why, my answer was that it's hard having Diabetes.  Alison told me that it wasn't hard because I love her.  It is nice to know that in times that are scary and uncertain to her, that Mommy and Daddy are enough to keep her confident and calm.

Next week we will be replacing her saline with her NovaRapid and trying to figure out what her insulin sensitivity is.  And there will be still more things to learn and master.  That being said, I am feeling a lot more confident than before.

To all you soon-to-be pumpers, chin up, it wasn't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment