Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day 18: #HAWMC
Things I Wish I Could Take Back

Sorry that I have neglected my commitment to this blog challenge, but there has been some crazy stuff going on in my family right now and I have just been a little less than inspired to write.  Its a poor excuse, but I get a little self-absorbed when things rattle me.
 
 
As I consider what I would like to take back, I look back to the first few weeks after Alison's diagnosis in 2010 and remember the sessions with the nutritionist at our local hospital.  Once she asked why I was reluctant to include a mini Kitkat bar in Alison's lunch.  I must have looked at her like she had two heads!  She and my husband were of one mind, but I kept reminding the two of them that my daughter had Diabetes and that chocolate bars were no longer part of her life.
 
 
Looking back, I wish I could have given that "me" a hug and taken back that sense of panic she had.  I wish I could have reasoned with her that it would all be OK and that her daughter's life would include chocolate, cake and ice cream and everything everyone else eats, just in moderation and at the right times.

No comments:

Post a Comment